Wholesale Boutique combines stylish, quality products and outstanding service to create an exceptional customer experience.
Who We Are
Wholesale Boutique, a Myrtle Beach, SC based supplier of bags, accessories, apparel, and home goods, was founded in 2010. Today, the brand continues to offer unique, distinctive, and fresh products that are perfect for personalization. In recent years, WB launched the lifestyle brand Viv&Lou which offers similar fashion-forward products for fun-loving personalities.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to combine stylish, quality products and outstanding service to create an exceptional customer experience. We provide real-time inventory management technology, quick guaranteed turn-around times, and outstanding marketing tools to enable our customer’s success. Our vision is to inspire business owners, provoke excitement, and build trust as the best source of gifts, accessories, and apparel “made especially for you”. We value integrity, creativity, team work, and excellence above all. Our values are present throughout the company and show in the quality of our products.
Wholesale Boutique offers employee discounts, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K and vacation, sick & holiday pay.
Position Summary: The Product Development Assistant works with internal teams by contributing to the seasonal development of new products. This position contributes to the process from initial design to production in conjunction with company’s timelines.
• Support the development process to develop products from initial concept through production of assigned product categories
• Assist in research and development of seasonal inspiration, materials, and products
• Research and follow consumer behavior to stay on top of current trends and apply to product designs
• Assist in setting up seasonal color palette
• Create and maintain technical sketches
• Coordinate samples and communicate any changes or additional details to vendor
• Prepare and maintain art, specs and line sheets
• Create pattern artwork and product styles
• Provide and maintain pattern corrections and style comments
• Adhere to development calendar dates to ensure timely completion of comments and assignments
• Evaluate samples returned from factories to determine compliance of specs/construction maintain all related files
• Interact with internal teams to distribute product details and assure the accuracy, legality, and integrity of all product performance claims
• Prepare sample forms for monogram testing
Education & Experience:
• Prefer BFA or equivalent in Fashion Design
• 2-3 years’ experience in apparel/accessory development preferred
Skills & Abilities:
• Successful project management skills and knowledge of the product development cycle and timelines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and In Design, with a demonstrated strength in Illustrator
• Knowledge of global market trends, materials and techniques, and materials used to build branded products
• Understanding of product construction and printed patterns
• Strong computer drawing skills for technical and construction detail sketches and pattern art
• Sense of urgency, ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, completing priorities and tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality
• Positive attitude and demonstrated passion for product development
• Strong work ethic and motivation to learn
• Creative thinker who can work well individually as well as with a team
• Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Flexible and able to switch gears as needed
• Excellent communication skills
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
(Percentage of time performing essential tasks)
Frequent (60 – 90%)
• Visual Inspection, color distinction, reading, performing detailed work at close distances (i.e. computer screens)
• Hand/eye coordination, measuring/assembling
• Talking, verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person
• Must be able to speak and read the English language
Occasional (30 – 60%)
• Standing, walking, stooping, bending, squatting and climbing stairs
• Pushing, pulling and reaching
• Lifting: 0 – 30 lbs.
Rare (0 – 30%)
Wholesale Boutique is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or any other protected status.